Thank you for your interest in working with UNASA. We currently have one administrative and finance assistant position available. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative and Finance Assistant
- Cape Town CBD, R4 000 – R8 000 Per Month (Negotiable)
Benefits: Travel Allowance
- Job Type: Contract
The United Nations Association of South Africa (UNASA) is a non-governmental organisation whose objective is to support the principles, goals and programmes of the United Nations (UN) and its agencies working in partnership with other organisations to promote peace and harmony, as well as economic, social and cultural progress in South Africa.
UNASA is looking for an energetic individual who is flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic environment and whom will assist the UNASA office with administrative, financial management in support of its programmes. As the assistant for the Secretariat the individual should have sound administrative, financial and organisational skills for the implementation and support of local and national projects which include the Sustainable Development Goals Awareness Programme operating in previously disadvantaged communities, which includes educational and sports development projects and projects related to women economic empowerment and peace building.
UNASA invites applicants to apply for this part-time contract position, within the UNASA Secretariat, for appointment from as early as 1st March 2016. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitable person to develop NGO and developmental project experience in an exciting UN-focussed environment.
• Bachelors degree or an equivalent qualification
• Sound financial management and bookkeeping skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and general computer literacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication coupled with interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Knowledge of Pastel Accounting software highly advantageous
• Assist in maintaining the organisation’s financial systems
• Participation in project development and fundraising for programmes
To apply, please request via e-mail the UNASA HR Application Form and after completion reply including your CV, copy of educational certificates and all other relevant documentation as indicated in the form, with the subject line “UNASA Admin and Finance Assistant” to careers [at] unasa [dot] org [dot] za